Tuesday 1 January 2013

NOTD - Fast Track, Gold Foil and Warm and Fozzie


I have become mildly obsessesed with glitter nails during the holiday period. This NOTD is one that I wore on the last day of work before Christmas. It is sparkly without being in your face obvious.


Firstly I put on a coat of the wonderful Fast Track by China Glaze.  It is a lovely taupe colour with gold shimmer.  It is very subtle but very pretty.  It featured in my October Beauty Chart.  The formula is really nice although it does need a 2 or 3 coats to become totally opaque.


I decided that although it is one of my favourite polishes I wanted to jazz it up a bit for the sake of being festive so I did a ring finger feature nail.


For this I used my go to easy nail polish Barry M's Gold Foil.  This stuff is amazing, one coat perfection and dries very quickly.  I often put this on if my nails are bare and I want to make it look like I've made a bit more of an effort than I have for a night out.


I drew a diagonal line across my nail freehand and then filled in the top part of my nail.  It did take a bit of concentration to make it look neat but I liked the effect it gave.  However it did make the proportions look a little off so I decided to add another colour into the mix.


I chose Warm and Fozzie by OPI (which is very similar to Barry M's Copper).  I added this, again in a diagonal to the top third of my finger nail.  The formula on this one wasn't quite as nice as I was hoping, it took quite a while to dry but that might have been because of all of the layers previously.


I finished my nails off with a coat of Sally Hansen's Maximum Growth Top Coat.  This helped blend the layers together and gave extra shine to all my nails.


Here you can see a close up of the feature nail (apologies for the state of my cuticles).  I really liked the effect of having just one extra special nail amongst a hand of fairly subtle nails.  This is definitely a look that I will do again, I may even try out the pattern in other colours as well.  The staying power on this was amazing, it didn't really chip other than a little bit of tip wear and probably would have lasted longer than a week had I not have wanted a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment