Saturday 27 October 2012

Urban Decay 24/7 Liner Set - A Review



I have been meaning to try the much hyped Urban Decay 24/7 liner so ages so when I saw them for a rather bargainous price on Fragrance Direct I snapped them up straight away.  You can still get this set from them here for just £11.99.  I have worn each shade at least once since I got them and they are all incredible in terms of pigmentation and the way they last.  You have about 30 seconds in which to smudge them if you want to but after that they will not budge.  Its incredible.


The above swatches show from L-R: Perversion, Ransom, Woodstock, Radium and Junkie

Perversion is the most amazing black eyeliner ever - FACT (according to me).  It is one of the strongest blacks I have ever seen and most importantly it doesn't smudge.  It lasted over 12 hours on me without fading or giving me panda eyes.  It may have lasted even longer if I hadn't taken it off before bed.

Ransom is a really nice deep purple.  I have worn this quite a lot when I don't have a lot of time to do my makeup but want to look as if I have made an effort.  I like to wear this for doing evening eyes without the classic black.

Woodstock isn't a colour I would have bought individually but I have worn it, I think it might end up being one that only really comes out for fancy dress but that is mainly due to the fact that I don't think pink on the eyes suits me.

Radium is another one which isn't really 'me' but it is a stunning colour.  This will probably get some wear but not a huge amount.  I think I need to be a bit more adventurous and wear brighter colours such as this.  Especially with eyeliner as it is a relatively 'safe' way to wear brights.

Junkie may be my favourite colour.  It is the most divine emerald green with really subtle shimmer.  It is amazing in real life, really complex, pictures do not do it justice.  This is another one which is lovely to wear to define the eyes without wearing the classic blacks/ browns etc.

Overall this set has been a bit of a bargain.  Even if I never use Woodstock and Radium the other liners only work out at about £4 each.  Considering the fact that full sized 24/7 liners (0.04 oz) retail at £13 each to get a set of 5 travel sized liners (0.03 oz each) for £11.99 is wonderful value.

No comments:

Post a Comment