Sunday 9 September 2012

No7's Foundation Match Service Update

I recently used Boots' new No7 foundation match.  You can see my first thoughts on it here.  I used the Beautifully Matte foundation yesterday and I'm not entirely sold on it if I'm honest.  The foundation itself seemed fine.  It applied nicely, had good coverage and held up throughout the day.

My issue with it was the fact that I didn't feel that it matched my skin.  I felt rather ridiculous wearing it, though in the interest of writing a review I did leave the house and go about my day.  It was a bit too dark for my liking and it made it extremley obvious that I was wearing foundation.  Which was not the look I was going for.

I am disappointed that the entire selling point of finding my 'perfect match' is the one part of the foundation that I was let down by.  I will wear it again to see if I feel differently about it second time around and will also try out the other foundation sample that I was given to see if that suits me better.

So for now my recommendation is use the service and get samples before you buy full sizes of any of the foundations.

I will keep you posted.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this service?

See my second update here


No comments:

Post a Comment