Wednesday 19 September 2012

Life is beautiful because...of sneaky dancing

Now that I am back at university I have a horrifyingly long commute of 3 hours each way.  Of this 1 hour is spent walking, 10 minutes is spent on a train, 40 minutes are spent waiting for trains/buses and 1 hour and 10 minutes are spent on a bus.

Overall its a little be horrendous and involves me getting up at 5.50 just to make it to my 9am lectures.  however there are some positives.


  1. It is a huge motivation to start learning to drive again (I had a little ankle mishap and even though it is now, 4 months later, healed I am a little bit anxious)
  2. It is one of those love to hate things, like a Disney villain.
  3. It gives me time to read my notes or do seminar prep
  4. I get to listen to music and have secret bus discos
Number for is obviously the best part of my daily 6 hours of travel.  Today on the way home I was sat at the back of the bus (like a rebel) and having a wonderful little dance to some of my favourite songs. All the other passengers were looking forward and as such had no idea of the fun I was having, which meant it only delighted me more.  It made me feel as though I was getting away with something that I shouldn't be doing.   Another bonus was that it meant I could, quite literally, shake off the energy that I had accumulated through a day of sitting quietly listening to lectures.

Do you have anything you like to get away with?

What has been making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment