Thursday 20 September 2012

Life is beautiful because...of laughter

Today I was told by one of my lecturers that when we laugh we release serotonin.  This serotonin then helps us learn better.  The moral of their story was therefore that we should laugh at the beginning of lectures.  She followed this up by showing us a selection of youtube videos which and no link to what we were studying but did make us laugh.  i'm not sure if it made me learn better but it certainly made the lecture more enjoyable and I am looking forward to seeing what the next installment will be.

I was also raising mys serotonin levels when I saw friends this evening.  I often find that the best night are the ones where there is a laid back atmosphere, a bottle of wine and some of my very best friends.  At times I thought I would stop breathing I was laughing so much and to think it all started with a little text.  'Who fancies grabbing a drink tonight?'

What has been making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment