Monday 10 September 2012

Life is beautiful because...of the British weather

One of my close friends is originally from the Netherlands.  She told me once that when she first came to England she couldn't understand why we talk about the weather so much.  However after a few months she realized the reason that we talk about it so much is because it so changeable.  We never know where we are with it.  So we celebrate, we moan, we try and guess how long it will stay the same for and ultimately we (or at least I) love its little idiosyncratic ways.

Today has gone from miserable to sunny to terrible and back again.  I have spent time longing to be outside and I have been glad to be safe and sound indoors.  Do I say I want it to make up its mind?  Yes.  But do I actually want it to?  Well no, like a misbehaving child it is infuriating but at the end of the day it is our misbehaving child and we cannot help but love it.

What has been making you happy today?

No comments:

Post a Comment