Sunday 9 September 2012

Life is beautiful because...I've been making daisy chains

I have had been enjoying the late summer we seem to be having at the moment.  Today I sat in the garden listening to music and reading magazines.  Yet the thing that I enjoyed the most was making daisy chains.

I have been fairly remiss at cutting the grass recently so there were plenty of daisies to choose from.  Making daisy chains reminds me of picnics with my family, of studying for GCSE's and of wasting away free periods whilst at college.  There is something comforting about concentrating on making a daisy chain that makes me truly happy.  It lets me explore my hippy side and makes me think of fairies and secret gardens.  Taking something so natural and making it into something dainty but ultimately doomed seems somehow magical to me.  Or maybe I have just spent too long in the sun.

What has been making you happy today?


No comments:

Post a Comment