Sunday 5 August 2012

Hallelujah - I have an ALEX

This weekend has been fairly exciting.  Me and a friend made the journey to IKEA in Southampton (only getting lost once).  I had forgotten how hectic Ikea can be on a summer holiday Saturday and also how heavy flat-pack furniture is.  The reason for this trip was to purchase a certain well known set of drawers that are often seen on blogs as a beauty storage system.

So without further ado...meet ALEX

This bad boy is an absolute god send.  Although I had looked on thousands of blogs whilst I was deciding between the this and the, equally well known, HELMER I was surprised by it.  It was thinner than I expected and slightly taller.  However I am totally in love with it and am very glad that I can start organizing my makeup and beauty products in a way that works for me.

I spent most of today putting it together (the lack of the right tools and my ridiculously short attention span meant it took me longer than most normal people).  My friends offered to help but I was adamant that I wanted to do it myself.  Although I hugely regretted this half way through I am so proud that I can stand back and know that I managed to put it together myself.

I haven't put things in it yet but once I do I will post photos so you can see the way in which I am using it.

How do you all store your makeup?  Any good tips for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment