Saturday 18 August 2012

Controlled Naughtiness

It has been almost 3 weeks since I started my Spending ban (see my reasons for doing so here). When I started I gave myself 5 (seemingly) simple rules.   One of which was "If I see something from my wishlist heavily discounted I can buy it as long as I don't use it until Project Pan is over."  

Well, whilst browsing my beloved ASOS I spotted that they had #3 on my wishlist - Benefit 'Hello Flawless' powder foundation in Shell in the sale for only £17.50.  So I caved in a bought it along with a couple of other, non-beauty, items.

Indeed as I was writing this post the doorbell rung to tell me that my lovely postman (who is probably relieved to be lugging less parcels to my house) had brought my ASOS package.  I was pleasantly surprised as I only ordered a couple of days ago.  Well done ASOS.

So I decided to document my opening of said parcel and turn this into a mini haul post .  Enjoy :)

All my goodies :)





Here is the  Benefit 'Hello Flawless' My Holy Grail powder foundation.  I cannot wait until project pan is over so that I can use this lovely new one.  I will do a full review soon.   As you can see below it comes with both a brush (that I'm not super keen on) and a little sponge so that you can vary how much product you apply.  This was £17.50 (down from £25)










Next up because of the fickle weather we are currently suffering in England I bought this beautiful umbrella from Ella Doran for Fulton.  I have a huge love of all things butterfly particularly when they remind me of old natural history prints.  It folds up lovely and small, perfect for my bag and doesn't weigh too much either.  I am looking forward to seeing how it holds up in the next lot of showers.  This was also in the ASOS sale for £12 (down from £20)







Another sale item that I just couldn't resist at £3.50  (down from £9) was this beautiful Pieces Noam Scarf.  It is a really peculiar shape, almost a kite rather than a square.  I bought it to tie onto the handle of one of my bags to make it look a little more summery and more 'me'.  I am really glad I picked this up as I reckon it was a bit of a bargain.










Lastly, and probably my favourite, is this amazing bird print satchel from the amazing Kate Sheridan.  It was £36.50 (down from £155)  It is just wonderful, the fabric is really sturdy and the straps are made from leather so it will last really well.  This is my third Kate Sheridan bag and I wear my other ones all the time.  She is fast becoming one of my favourite British designers.  I love that it is subtle but still quirky.  The colours mean it will go with pretty much anything and the size means that I may have found my new day bag :)




 Have any of you purchased any of these things...or anything else good from the ASOS sale?




No comments:

Post a Comment